Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shrimp Platter Appetizer

Ok so when you see this recipe you'll probably think, "Eh, that looks all right." But seriously it is better than all right. A co-worker brought a tray of this to work and I couldn't stop eating it all day. Way goo-ood.

Shrimp Platter Appetizer
(from Lion House cookbook)

1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sour cream
1/4 C mayonnaise
2 cans (4 1/4 oz each) broken shrimp, rinsed and drained
1 C seafood cocktail sauce
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1 green pepper, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 large tomato, diced

Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo. Spread on a 12-inch glass plate (or whatever serving tray you have available). Scatter shrimp over the cheese layer. Cover with cocktail sauce. Then add a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese, a layer of green peppers, and a layer of green onions. Sprinkle diced tomato over the whole thing. Cover with plastic wrap and chill. Serve with assorted crackers.

I made this for a family party last week and it was a big hit. I didn't use peppers...it just didn't seem quite right. I didn't measure the cocktail sauce or cheese. I just spread as much of it as I thought looked good, so I might have used a little more or less than called for. Delicious!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment