Monday, October 3, 2011

Brownie Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies

As I mentioned in my last post with the orange cookies I did not like chocolate during my pregnancy, so it's a good thing I just found this recipe recently. I probably wouldn't have given it a second look a few months ago. These were delicious. How could you mix brownies and chocolate chip cookies and not turn out awesome? I'm going to print the recipe as I found it, but I added a little more brownie batter than the recipe called for cause I thought I would want them a little more chocolatey. Then the dough seemed a little too wet so I added some flour. Just play with it so the cookies turn out how you like them. I thought mine turned out pretty darn good.

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup prepared brownie mix, chilled
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper. (I used my stoneware cookie sheets without a liner or paper, so I'm not sure if they're really necessary with metal pans...)
2. Beat the butter and sugars until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add brownie batter, mixing until well combined.
3. Place flour, salt and soda into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Add to wet ingredients, mixing to combine and then add chocolate chips to combine. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookies are cooked through. Let cookies cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy with a large glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment