Monday, October 3, 2011

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

During about 8/9 of my pregnancy I had a STRONG aversion to chocolate, which was actually kind of awful but it helped me to discover the deliciousness of some other flavors I'd been shunning my whole life. I absolutely loved and craved everything citrus the whole pregnancy so this recipe came in my searches for delicious citrus recipes. These cookies are way good!



2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange zest (for me that was the zest of 2 oranges)
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed juice of an orange (add more or less depending how orangey you want cookies)
2 cups white chocolate/vanilla Chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest, juice and chips. If dough seems really wet make a couple of test cookies. If they come out flat add 1/4-1/2 cup flour.

Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry. Bake 8 - 10 minutes. Do not overcook! Cookies should be a little plump. Cool slightly before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

1 comment:

  1. I made these! They looked and tasted great! I can reiterate that you really drop them on the baking sheet by the teaspoonful. Otherwise, the center doesn't cook through. I would also add more orange zest, mine didn't show up on the outside after baked, sill tasted orangey though. :)

    ReplyDelete