Monday, April 12, 2010

Chicken Curry

So, I got this recipe from Storm who I think got it on allrecipes.com. Anyways, I was real skeptical about trying it at first because I didn't think I liked curry. Well, I finally tried it and it is delicious! Seriously, I crave it a few times a month and the leftovers are almost better than the first night. Enjoy!

1 lb. chicken breasts (2-3 pieces) 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp curry powder 1 1/2 cup chicken broth (14 oz can)
1/4 tsp cinnamon 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp olive oil 1/4 tsp pepper
1 onion, thinly sliced 1/2 tsp salt

Cut chicken into pieces and cover with the curry and cinnamon. Heat oil and add onion and zucchini until soft, transfer veggies to a plate. Heat more oil, cook chicke, add broth, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Add onion/zucchini and cook 5-7 minutes. Serve over rice and top with almonds and cilantro if you like. YUMMY

1 comment:

  1. Dev- this was an awesome recipe! Havyn even loved it. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete