Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Zuppa Toscana - Olive Garden Style

If you have ever ate Olive Gardens Zuppa Toscona and loved it, you will love this recipe. I know, I know, who goes to Olive Garden for the soup - right? I Do!

1 lb. Italian Sausage
1/4 tsp crushed red peppers
1 Large onion - diced
4 T. Chopped Bacon
2 tsp garlic puree
10 C. Water
5 cubes Chicken Bouillon
1 C. Heavy Cream
3 - 4 cut up large potatoes
1/4 bunch fresh Kale (or Spinach)

Cook sausage with red pepper flakes, drain and remove from pan.
In pan cook onion, 2 slices bacon & 2 tsp. garlic puree
Return sausage to pan
Add 10 C. water & 5 chicken bouillon cubes and 3-4 cut up large potatoes
When potatoes are cooked (the potatoes are done when they break apart by being stabbed with a fork) add 1 C. cream and simmer until ready.
Just before serving add 1/4 bunch of torn Kale.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm that sounds so good! I'll for sure try it out. I'm still waiting for the ramen and toast recipe though...

    ReplyDelete