Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lemon Bars

So I don't love lemon bars, but Kacey does love them so for her bridal shower last year I decided to make her some from scratch. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com (where I find most new recipes). I thought that they turned out good enough that I even ate some! I squeezed my own lemon juice, but I'm sure you could use the bottled kind and it would still be ok. I also used more lemon juice than what the recipe called for (probably between 1/3 - 1/2 cup).

1 1/2 C flour
2/3 C powdered sugar
3/4 C butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs
1 1/2 C white sugar
3 Tbs flour
1/4 C lemon juice
1/3 C powdered sugar for decoration

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. Combine the flour, 2/3 C powdered sugar and butter. Pat dough into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until slightly golden. While the crust is baking, whisk together eggs, white sugar, flour and lemon juice until frothy. Pour this lemon mixture over the hot crust.
4. Return to the preheated oven for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Dust the top with powdered sugar. Cut into squares and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, I love, love lemon bars. I'll have to try them. I'm totally planning on putting a yummy recipe for chicken curry that I'm totally addicted too. This is a good idea, I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I recall those delicious things. This blog is a good idear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good Idea Stace! Can't wait to try all the new recipes and post my ramen noddle soup and toast recipe.

    ReplyDelete